Final Round of User Testing
After completing the final product, we went back to the school to show the kids the new design. Our main goals were to show them how we incorporated their suggestions into the design and to get their feedback on the new toy.
We asked the children some prepared questions in order to get more qualitative results than the previous times we visited. The graph below shows the answers from the 3-4 grade kids and the 5-6 grade kids combined.
We are very pleased with these results! We solved the weight problem with this new design and almost all of the kids said they did not think that the toy was too heavy. Also, 100% of the kids agreed that we incorporated their ideas into the design. They also all think that the toy is a good level of difficulty for people in the hospital.
Final Product Completed!
Here are some CAD renderings of the final product. The left is an exploded view where the parts can be seen individually and the right is a model of the final toy.
Here's another very fancy CAD rendering.
Here are some pictures of the fully assembled final product!
We are all very proud of what we have made over the last 9 months and we cannot wait to give this to the children's hospital.
All CAD files for the final design: